to go further News Toll of ten years of civil war on journalists in Syria Organisation SyriaMiddle East – North Africa News Wave of Kurdish arrests of Syrian journalists News Damascus TV presenter arrested under cyber-crime law March 30, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Relief at release of two Spanish journalist held hostage in Syria Help by sharing this information SyriaMiddle East – North Africa RSF_en March 12, 2021 Find out more Receive email alerts News March 8, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders is relieved and overjoyed by yesterday’s release of two Spanish journalists – El Mundo’s Middle East correspondent Javier Espinosa and freelance photographer Ricardo García Vilanova – who had been held hostage since September 2013. They are expected to return to Spain today.“We are delighted by the release of Espinosa and García Vilanova, which follows that of another Spanish journalist, Marc Marginedas, on 2 March, and we hope that all the other professional and amateur journalists who are hostages or in prison in Syria will also be freed soon,” said Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Christophe Deloire.Espinosa and García Vilanova were captured by the jihadi group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) in Syria’s northern province of Raqqah, near the Turkish border, on 16 September 2013 as they were about to leave Syria at the end of a two-week visit covering the conflict.Their families told the Spanish section of Reporters Without Borders, with which they have been in constant contact since their abduction, that they were “crazy with joy” and “very excited.”ISIS reportedly continues to hold other Syrian and foreign news providers, including four French journalists: Didier François, Edouard Elias, Nicolas Hénin and Pierre Torrès.A total of 13 foreign journalists and more than 20 Syrian news providers are still hostages or missing in Syria, while the government is holding around 40 Syrian journalists and citizen-journalists in its jails. Follow the news on Syria February 3, 2021 Find out more
1 of 10 Address: 1305 Central Ave, Ocean City NJThis week’s featured rental is a 4 bedroom, 3 full bath that sleeps 10 people. Located on Central Ave between 13th and 14th streets it’s just a short walk to the beach and boardwalk! This home is smoke free and located just 2 blocks from sun filled days on the beach & boards and 1 block from endless shopping and food options on Asbury Ave.We have a private, fenced in backyard*PERFECT for enjoying your morning coffee or evening cocktails. The front porch has plenty of seating for dining “al fresco” or simply relaxing. Our top deck is a great place to work on your tan if you don’t want to go to the beach. We supply 10 beach tags, have many beach chairs, toys and a cart to use – there is an enclosed outside shower to rinse away the sand after a long day on the beach.Inside you will find new kitchen appliances including separate wine and beverage fridges, fully stocked cabinets with dishes, utensils, glasses, cookware, waffle iron, crock pot, coffee makers and plenty of storage! CLICK HERE to see more photos, rates, amenities, availability, map of our exact location, and reviews from past guests!Isn’t quite what you are looking for?CLICK HERE to search hundreds of OCNJ vacation rentals on VROCNJ.com!Own a Vacation Rental in Ocean City? Advertise on VROCNJ for as little as $249/year! NO Commissions or Booking Fees! CLICK HERE for more info!
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York The New York Islanders will play half of their regular season home games at the renovated Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum until the team’s new arena is built in Elmont, officials announced Monday.NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman approved the unusual move, which will effectively give the Islanders two homes for the next three years—their original Uniondale headquarters and their current home, the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.“We worked it out,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters and fans during a news conference at NYCB Live, as the coliseum is now called since its recent $165-million renovation. “The coliseum will have some basic accommodations to meet the specifications of the commissioner.”The announcement came about a month after officials declared that the Islanders won a bid to build a new arena at Belmont Park. But since the new arena won’t be complete until 2021 and the Islanders are opting out of their lease at Barclays in the coming year, they needed a place to play home games in the meantime.The governor said the coliseum will have to get its ice-making capabilities up to NHL standards, but once it does, the first Islanders home game back at their original home—where they famously won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the 1980s—is expected to be this fall.The Islanders moved to Brooklyn after Nassau and the team’s prior owners were unable to push through various plans to renovate the county-owned coliseum. The operators of the Barclays Center then won their bid to renovate and operate the coliseum, but the NHL’s Bettman insisted it still wasn’t up to NHL standards as a permanent home for the Islanders. So the team drafted its winning proposal to build a new home in Elmont instead, allowing for a homecoming to LI, just not at its original home.“Let’s rock the barn,” said Islanders owner Jon Ledecky, rallying fans. He said fans can buy tickets for the coliseum home games by calling 844-33-Isles.