$70m beachside project kicks off in Queensland hotspot

first_imgAll kinds of surfcraft compete for position at Alex Heads as swell hits the coast. Picture: Lachie Millard.A $70M apartment development in one of the most desireable surf spots along the Sunshine Coast has already begun to generate strong interest.Construction was expected to kick off in March of Cube Developments “Beach Life Alex” project – a 64 strong apartment complex in Alexandra Headland.The 2,276sq m site at 118-120 Alexandra Parade was “directly opposite the sand and waves between the iconic Maroochydore and Alex surf clubs”, the firm said.The 64 apartments, with prices ranging from $599,000 to $2.49m, include two and three-bedroom luxury units with ocean views, light-filled interiors, quality appliances, big balconies and room to entertain, according to Scott Juniper of Cube Developments.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus22 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market22 hours agoBeach Life Alex will occupy a prime 2,276 sqm site at 118-120 Alexandra Parade, Alexandra Headland.“We haven’t seen major projects of this nature on the Sunshine Coast for many years. Enquiry from local and interstate buyers is already very strong,’’ he said.He expected construction work on the project to be finished by May 2019.“This is the coastal lifestyle that everybody dreams about,’’ he said. “We expect strong interest from the market because of the luxury, low maintenance lifestyle and proximity to world class leisure assets and infrastructure.”He said the area was one of South East Queensland’s most exciting hotspots because of the Maroochydore City Centre development which complemented the precinct’s historically strong appeal.“Buyers are realising that opportunities in this prime Sunshine Coast location are becoming rarer by the day.” FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOK FREE: GET THE COURIER-MAIL’S REALESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO INBOXlast_img read more

Paulinho plots win over Liverpool

first_img But the Black Cats were unable to make it to the break unscathed and the visitors were back in it within six minutes when Paulinho stabbed home from close range from Nacer Chadli’s header back across goal. Paulinho said: “I scored again and I am very happy about getting one more goal. But everybody in the group, my colleagues played very well also.” Spurs needed just five minutes of the second half to wrap up the win when Mousa Dembele powered his way past Jack Colback on the left and then saw his cross cannon off O’Shea and past goalkeeper Vito Mannone. They should really have been out of sight with Jermain Defoe twice hitting the post and firing wide with just Mannone to beat, and they might have been made to pay had referee Lee Mason awarded a 75th-minute penalty after substitute Sandro appeared to block Sebastian Larsson’s corner with his arm. However, he did not and Tottenham managed to see out time with few scares to claim the win. Paulinho has set his sights on Liverpool as Tottenham look to take a decisive step forward in their quest for Champions League football. Press Association The 25-year-old Brazilian scored in Spurs’ 2-1 fightback win at Sunderland on Saturday evening to complete a good week for manager Andre Villas-Boas, who had found himself under pressure in the wake of his team’s 6-0 trouncing at Manchester City last month. A 2-2 home draw with Manchester United and wins at Fulham and on Wearside have more than steadied the ship and left the Londoners just three points adrift of Brendan Rodgers’ second-placed side, who head for White Hart Lane on Sunday. Paulinho told Spurs TV: “It’s a big game at home and we must think that if we play the same as we did against United, we have a big chance to win at home against Liverpool.” Villas-Boas has set his sights on a top-four finish, and is refusing to look any further ahead than that in the wake of an improved run of form. Asked if he may has to re-assess his targets given that Spurs have closed the gap on Liverpool, he replied: “It’s still very compact at the moment. “Arsenal have gone a distance. Obviously Arsenal have three important fixtures in the next games with Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton, but we just want to be near them and get ourselves into the Champions League positions. “At the moment, we are fighting our way back, but we want to be there at the end of the season.” Victory at the Stadium of Light was secured courtesy of John O’Shea’s second-half own goal, although in truth, the visitors should have won far more comfortably. However, they had to come from behind to claim the points after Gus Poyet’s bottom-of-the-table side took the lead after a lukewarm start to the game. Hugo Lloris flapped at Ondrej Celustka’s 37th-minute cross to allow Adam Johnson to slam the loose ball into the top corner. last_img read more

Torres not bitter over Blues exit

first_img The Spain international moved to the Rossoneri on a two-year loan deal on Friday after almost four seasons at Stamford Bridge. Torres endured a torrid time with the Blues and scored just 20 goals in 110 Premier League appearances for Jose Mourinho’s side since his £50million transfer from Liverpool in 2011. Fernando Torres has no hard feelings towards Chelsea after the London club’s decision to loan him to AC Milan. “On a personal note, I expect to have a big season. “I want to take advantage of this opportunity. “It is a challenge that I needed and I’m really happy to be here. “I can’t wait to get started. “I played in La Liga, the Premier League and now I am playing in my third important European league. “I want to score the goals that can take this club back up with the best.” Torres, who will wear the number nine jersey, is looking forward to working under coach Filippo Inzaghi, the former Italy and AC Milan striker. “We all know what Inzaghi was like as a player, and now he is proving his passion and desire as a coach,” he said. “I want to learn from him and I’m sure he will help me to integrate into this team. “I had no problems adapting to English football, so I don’t see there being a problem here either.” Torres is expected to make his AC Milan debut at Parma on September 14. Press Association “My relationship with Mourinho has always been good,” the 30-year-old striker said to www.acmilan.com. “I learned so much from Mourinho and I wish him and the squad the best of luck. “When I told him that I was going to Milan he wished me good luck and he told me about the passion for football that is here. “I wish Chelsea a season full of success.” Milan, who sold Italian striker Mario Balotelli to Liverpool earlier this summer, are looking to make amends for last season’s dismal campaign. The Rossoneri finished eighth in Serie A to miss out on Europe for the first time in 16 years. Torres is confident he can help Milan, who have won the European Cup seven times, return to winning trophies. “Everyone here wants to win,” he said. “We want to be near the top of the table. “I have no doubt in my mind that Milan can do well and return to Europe. last_img read more