Deputy Mac Lochlainn calls for cross border policing strategy

first_img Google+ Deputy Mac Lochlainn calls for cross border policing strategy Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Three factors driving Donegal housing market – Robinson WhatsApp Twitter WhatsApp NPHET ‘positive’ on easing restrictions – Donnelly Pinterest Twitter Newscenter_img Padraig MacLochlainn TDSinn Fein’s Justice Spokesperson is calling for a cross border policing strategy meeting, saying the level of cooperation between gardai and the PSNI should be replicated at a local community and political level.Donegal Deputy Pádraig Mac Lochlainn wants the Donegal Joint Policing Committee to come together with the Policing and Community Safety Partnerships in Derry, Strabane and Fermanagh to discuss how communities in the North West cross border region can work together to combat criminality.Deputy Mac Lochlainn says such a meeting has the potential to be a historic first move in a genuine cross border policing initiative…………[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/paric1pm.mp3[/podcast] By News Highland – September 12, 2013 Previous article€1.9 million in tax settlements was paid by Donegal companies and individualsNext articleNew traffic lights to be switched on outside LYIT this morning News Highland Facebook Facebook Pinterest LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published Google+ Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this weeklast_img read more

Digital switchover today at 10am

first_imgNews Business Matters Ep 45 – Boyd Robinson, Annette Houston & Michael Margey By News Highland – October 24, 2012 Previous articleTrial into Ireland’s worst ever road accident to last over three weeksNext articleStabane Council to seek clarification on civil service jobs controversy News Highland Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Google+ Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Facebook WhatsAppcenter_img LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Pinterest Hundreds of thousands of Irish people will be anxiously watching their TV sets in a couple of hours time, when Europe’s analogue TV signal is turned off.202-thousand people here rely on analogue.The switchover to digital happens at 10 AM.Communications Minister Pat Rabbitte says there are a number of services people can contact if they’re experiencing difficuties:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/08rabbDIGI.mp3[/podcast] Twitter Calls for maternity restrictions to be lifted at LUH Google+ Facebook Digital switchover today at 10am WhatsApp Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published last_img read more

Your Five a Day – Top 5 stories this morning

first_img WhatsApp Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also Facebook The latest results for the Irish Sports Council Anti-Doping Programme will be published todayOfficials from the World Anti-Doping Agency will be on hand to see the evidence.It’s been 10 years since the programme was developed to combat doping in Irish sport.Last month Lance Armstrong brought the topic to the top of the news agenda once again after he admitted using banned substances during his cycling career.David Hickey, team Doctor with the Dublin football team and former All-Ireland winning player, says there’s huge pressure on young people playing sport to have professional athlete’s bodies. Agriculture ministers from the countries affected by the horse scandal to meet in Brussels todayThe meeting has been called by Ireland, as holders of the EU Presidency, and will be chaired by Agriculture Minister Simon Coveney.Ireland and the UK are to put together their own response to the crisis – while the EU formulates a wider plan.Henry Burns, Livestock chairman with the IFA, says Minister Coveney must ensure there are more stringent controls over meat processors here.The meeting gets underway at 4.30pm Irish time this afternoon. Twitter Body of former US policeman wanted for murder found The man, wanted for multiple murders in the US, is believed to have been found in mountain cabin in CaliforniaIts reported a SWAT team moved in on Christopher Dorner before he set the building on fire.A Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Bachman confirmed that one deputy had been killed and another injured in an exchange with mr Dorner.He had been on the run since last week when he allegedly killed three people. Almost 10,000 appointments cancelled in Saolta Hospital Group this week Pinterest Facebook New legislation to give effect to the measures announced in last December’s budget will be published todayThe Finance Bill will include a range of supports for the small business sector – as well as measures to tackle tax evasion.It will also give effect to tax reliefs for the film and TV industry and the excise rebate for the transport sector.The legislation will be accompanied by a seperate bill on the property tax which will provide for an exemption from the tax for homes affected by pyrite.You can read the full Budget 2013 breakdown here Ireland could be set for a jobs boost as a result of new trade talks between the US and EuropeDuring his first State of the Nation address since his re-election, US President Barack Obama confirmed negotiations would begin to launch the world’s largest free trade zone.Tanaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs Eamon Gilmore has welcomed the announcement, saying it “opens up enormous untapped potential” to boost jobs and trade on both sides of the Atlantic.Obama also promised to focus on domestic priorities in the Sates by pledging to narrow inequality, re-ignite the economy, fight gun crime and fix immigration.The President also announced that he will halve the number of U.S. troops in Afghanistan within a year. News Google+center_img By admin – February 13, 2013 Previous articleFears that old Oatfield Factory site could become an eye-soreNext articleSafety concerns in vicinity of Ballyraine National School admin Pinterest Your Five a Day – Top 5 stories this morning Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Guidelines for reopening of hospitality sector published LUH system challenged by however, work to reduce risk to patients ongoing – Dr Hamilton Google+ WhatsApp Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Reportlast_img read more

Man charged in connection with horrific Monaghan crash

first_img Pinterest Man charged in connection with horrific Monaghan crash By News Highland – January 26, 2011 HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme WhatsApp Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers WhatsApp News Pinterest A 29-year-old man has been charged at Carrickmacross District Court with dangerous driving and driving with excess alcohol.The charges relate to a collision involving three cars outside Carrickmacross on 27 December in which three people, including a pregnant woman, died.39 year old teacher Róisín Connolly, nee Langan, was on her way back to her Dublin home with her husband when the crash occurred. They had been visiting Roisin’s family home in Fanad.She was critically injured in the crash, and died a number of hours later at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda,Co Louth.She was five months pregnant and efforts to save her baby, Catherine, were unsuccessful. They were both buried together in Fanad on New Year’s Eve.The other two who died were friends Glen Curtis and Paul Carroll, both 27 and from County Meath.Kevin McArdle of Longfield, Carrickmacross in Co Monaghan, was charged with dangerous driving and driving with excess alcohol. He was remanded on continuing bail to appear in court again in four weeks time. Google+center_img Facebook Facebook Previous articleTwo people arrest in relation to Kieran Doherty murderNext articleMc Ginley concern at Fintown PO closure News Highland PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Google+ Twitter Twitter Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derrylast_img read more

Radiotherapy Unit at Altnagelvin Hospital shelved

first_img Google+ RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Facebook Radiotherapy Unit at Altnagelvin Hospital shelved News Pinterest PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Northern Irelands Health Minister, Michael McGimpsey, has postponed plans for a new radiotherapy unit at Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry.Highland Radio news learnt just before Mr McGimpsey addressed his Department that this would be the case.He the announcement to the Assembly in a statement on his capital priorities for the next four years.He said he was committed to the future development of the unit at Altnagelvin.However, he said that there was not enough money in the Health Department’s budget to fund it at present.Noelle Duddy, from Co-operating Cancer Care North West, said even though this announcement was disappointing, she still believed the radiotherapy unit would be up and running eventually…..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/noel1pm.mp3[/podcast]Meanwhile Foyle MLA Pol Callaghan said the annoucement was a very bad day for the Northwest.He said the radiotherapy centre was too important of an issue to simply postponing…..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/pol1pm1.mp3[/podcast] By News Highland – March 23, 2011 Twitter HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week center_img WhatsApp Pinterest Twitter Google+ Facebook Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Previous articleCity of Derry Airport annouce new summer route to ParisNext articleMcDaid and Mac Lochlainn clash over radiotherapy postponement News Highland Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers last_img read more

Inishowen crash case adjourned again

first_img Pinterest Google+ The case against Shaun Kelly has been adjourned again.Mr Kelly is accused of causing the deaths of eight people in a car crash outside Clonmany in Inishowen in July 2012.Counsel for the state Ms Patricia McLaughlin told the court that they were still waiting for a psychological report to be prepared on the accused.Ms Patricia McLaughlin said the expert the state wishes to conduct the examination was currently not available.Judge Keenan Johnson said the state had sufficient information for someone to conduct the examination and the case should not be prolonged any more than necessary.Judge Keenan said he was determined the case was set for trial and asked the state to make enquiries into the availability of the expert.Judge Keenan said he would make no determination in the case until the state contacted it’s expert and adjourned the case to next Tuesdays sitting of the Letterkenny circuit court in the hope that the case can be heard during the current sitting.Judge Keenan said all he could do was apologise for the delay to all parties involved. Facebook Twitter Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ Twittercenter_img Pinterest News By News Highland – April 1, 2014 Previous articleConcerns raised about future of Dungloe libraryNext articleNUJ welcomes confirmation that the Donegal Democrat is under new ownership News Highland WhatsApp Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Inishowen crash case adjourned againlast_img read more

Man appears in court charged with sexual offences against children in Donegal

first_img Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Man appears in court charged with sexual offences against children in Donegal Pinterest Google+ 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ Pinterest Previous articleCounting of votes in North’s Local elections to begin this afternoonNext articleDerry’s Guildhall conservation honoured at Ulster Architecture Awards News Highland Twitter A Dublin man has appeared in Dublin Circuit Criminal Court charged with 50 counts of sexual offences against two young girls, a number of which are alleged to have taken place in Donegal.Last April he was sent forward for trial by Judge Cormac Dunne at Dublin District Court.Today Judge Mary Ellen Ring set a date for his arraignment of July 29 next.She remanded the accused on continuing bail pending his next appearance.The offences are alleged to have happened on dates between 2007 and 2011 at locations in Dublin and Donegal.The charges sent forward from the District Court include 40 counts of child exploitation by inviting, inducing or coercing the alleged victim to engage in or participate in a sexual, indecent or obscene act.This includes engaging in the production of child pornography.There are three counts of alleged sexual assault and seven of defilement of a child under the age of 17.A State Solicitor previously told the District Court that the DPP has directed that the accused, who cannot be named, is to be tried by judge and jury on all charges.She told Judge Dunne a book of evidence was ready to be served on the defendant.Today Sarah Jane O’Callaghan BL, defending, said there was a considerable amount of evidence to be dealt with by disclosure WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic center_img Twitter Facebook By News Highland – May 23, 2014 Facebook WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR News Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry last_img read more

New NI Health Minister must leave religious beliefs at the door – SF

first_img Previous articleCup final disappointment for ClonmanyNext articleCo Donegal woman listed as missing in Nepal admin Google+ Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Google+ Pinterest Homepage BannerNews Twitter Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebookcenter_img WhatsApp WhatsApp Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Twitter New NI Health Minister must leave religious beliefs at the door – SF Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry By admin – April 27, 2015 The Chair of the Stormont Health Committee  says the DUP’s  JimWells has clearly been under increased pressure as a result of his wife’s serious illness and his decision to step down as Stormont Health Minister was the right thing to do.However, Foyle MLA Maeve Mc Laughlin adds that his position as Health Minister was clearly untenable after his comments, which she says were completely unacceptable from someone holding the position of Health Minister.The Sinn Fein representative says the DUP must now appoint someone who will leave their religious beliefs at the door and run the health service for all…………..Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/maevewells.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.last_img read more

Two people suffer injuries in Laghey three vehicle RTC

first_imgNews Pinterest Twitter By News Highland – June 6, 2013 Previous articleQuinn says people shouldn’t have to pay for substandard water supply as council implements restrictionsNext articleCampbell says ‘sensational’ claims are muddying the waters in LYIT Killybegs debate News Highland Facebook Facebook WhatsApp Emergency services have attended the scene of a three car road traffic collision close to Laghey.Two people have been taken to hospital  – their injuries are described by gardai as not serious.The road was closed for a time but has now re-opened. Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal center_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Two people suffer injuries in Laghey three vehicle RTC Google+ Twitter Pinterestlast_img read more

Udaras urged to offer new incentive package to keep Largo Foods in Gweedore

first_img WhatsApp Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook Udaras urged to offer new incentive package to keep Largo Foods in Gweedore Facebook WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Twitter Udaras Na Gaeltachta is being urged to offer a subsidy to Largo Foods in an effort to retain jobs in Gweedore.The snacks maker yesterday announced it is moving all its manufacturing to Co Meath with the loss of 142 Donegal jobs – 70 jobs will be available in Meath for Gweedore staff prepared to move.The company says the high cost of manufacturing and transportation of its products in and out of Donegal led to the decision.MEP Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher says Udarus must offer more support to the company in a bid to keep the jobs………[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/largosatcope.mp3[/podcast]Meanwhile, Senator Brian O’Domhnaill is calling for a meeting between the Minister for Gaeltacht Affairs Dinny McGinley and management at Largo Foods.On the prospect of 70 staff currently based in Donegal to take up full time positions at Largo’s headquarters in Ashbourne, he says the offer is impractical………..[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/largosatbrian.mp3[/podcast] News Previous articleCastlefinn digester refusal appealed to An Bord PleanalaNext articleCope to run again in European Parliament Elections News Highland center_img Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th By News Highland – March 15, 2014 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Twitter Pinterestlast_img read more