Two men who authorities initially thought might have been responsible for a string of robberies near USC on Monday night are no longer considered suspects in the crime.The Los Angeles Times published a story Wednesday morning reporting LAPD had arrested two men responsible for robbing three USC students Monday night, but USC’s Dept. of Public Safety said this is not true.DPS Capt. David Carlisle said he is unsure how that information was released.“There is no indication that the suspects they have are the same ones,” Carlisle said. “It’s strange how stuff circulates.”Carlisle said DPS hadn’t heard anything regarding the suspects in this case from the LAPD, and they are still seeking information.“I’d love to get a phone call,” Carlisle said. “There is a big discrepancy because if they had our property, those would be our guys. That hasn’t happened. I wish it would, but so far, no.”LAPD confirmed later Wednesday afternoon that the two men were not suspects in the USC crimes.The three robberies occurred on the 1100 block of 29th Street, the 2700 block of Hoover Boulevard and the 2700 block of Ellendale Place.