Tag: 花月阁楼凤信息

Blatant misinformation by Minister Patterson

first_imgDear Editor,The Parliamentary Opposition is fully aware of its role and functions, and it is for that expressed reason it made known publicly its reason for not attending the Parliamentary tour of the CJIA Expansion project.We noted in the letter columns of the state’s newspaper of Friday, April 27, 2018 a letter signed by Mr David Patterson, Minister of Public Infrastructure, which contains at least five (5) blatant inaccuracies. We suspect that in the mad rush for cover — having been exposed of an attempted raid on the public purse – this is an attempt at damage control.For clarification, we have no knowledge of any member of the Parliamentary Opposition requesting a tour of CJIA Expansion Project. Could the Minister tell the nation when and where that request was made, and by whom?The second blatant and deliberate offering of misinformation was the Minister’s claim that the “parliamentary opposition, in fact, had raised vehement protest following a visit to the project in January by the Cabinet.” This statement is a concoction. It is the most visible manifestation of desperation, and it shows the APNU+AFC government’s mastery at the fine art of deception. There was never a protest, vehement or otherwise, as stated by the Minister.Could Minister Patterson tell the nation when and where this vehement protest took place, and by whom? And could the Minister point us to the evidence to substantiate this ludicrous statement?Thirdly, the Minister continues to spew dishonesty when he stated that Mr Edghill had been invited to other “Tours” of the CJIA project, and would have attended at least one of them. He could have simply said the truth: that Mr Edghill was invited once, and he attended. Why go at length to convey the impression that there were other tours?Continuing, the Minister seems to be annoyed over being made to account for his stewardship in the National Assembly, by saying my questioning in the National Assembly has been “deliberately obtuse.” The fact is, this particular Minister has always sought to obfuscate issues by bringing in “red herrings” in his answers, and has now perfected the skill of “talking much” but “saying little.”This current tour is nothing but a smokescreen, a shameless attempt to siphon off $346.5 million Guyana dollars from the public purse to finance what was already paid and catered for in the original “fixed price design and build contract.”From the figures provided by the Minister on Financial Paper #2/2018, one can easily do the math and conclude that when this project was redesigned by the APNU+AFC Administration, just on the alteration of moving from eight (8) air bridges to two (2) air bridges, the contractor benefited from US$5M, or in excess of $1 billion Guyana dollars in avoided cost.Could the honourable Minister say what was the “appreciation” bonus for this contract as altered and redesigned?Yours truly,Bishop Juan EdghillMember of ParliamentSpokesperson onPublic Infrastructurelast_img read more

Ranieri coy on Roma link

first_img0Shares0000Claudio Ranieri coached Roma from 2009-11 and has been linked with a return to the club © AFP/File / FILIPPO MONTEFORTEMILAN, Italy, Sep 24 – Former Roma coach Claudio Ranieri remained tight-lipped on Monday amid talk that he could be in line to replace under-fire Eusebio Di Francesco in the Stadio Olimpico hotseat.The club’s billionaire American owner James Pallotta said he was “disgusted” after the Serie A giants plunged to 14th with a 2-0 loss at Bologna. The 66-year-old Ranieri led Leicester City to the English Premier League title in 2016, but has been without a club since leaving French Ligue 1 club Nantes last May.“I am a fan, Roma is in my heart, but I hope that Di Francesco can move forward,” Ranieri told Radio Anch’Io Sport when asked if he would be interested in a move back to his hometown club.Former defender Ranieri started his senior football career in Rome in 1973 and later coached the club for two years from 2009, just missing out on the Serie A title in 2010.“That Scudetto we lost in the last half-hour of the final day still burns. I think about it often, although I partly redeemed myself at Leicester,” recalled the former Chelsea, Napoli and Inter Milan boss who has said he is keen to continue in management.Meanwhile, Ranieri believes Roma are paying the price for selling key players, rather than blaming Di Francesco, 49, who took over in 2017 and led the team to third last season.Brazilian goalkeeper Alisson moved to Liverpool during the summer with Belgian midfielder Radja Nainggolan going to Inter and Dutch midfielder Kevin Strootman to Marseille.“Di Francesco is one of the best young coaches we have in Italy, for reasons of financial fair play the team has been changed, three players who were the backbone of Rome have been sold,” he said.“When a coach signs a contract, he’ll know his team’s philosophy.“Di Francesco knew what he was signing up for.“Roma have been selling their best players for years, although it’s clear no-one expected the team to perform like they have.“The players seem afraid of touching the ball, as if it’s hot.“The potential is there,” added Ranieri, “but we must find the spark.”According to press reports, Di Francesco has been given two games to save his job, starting against promoted Frosinone midweek, before the city derby agnst Lazio at the weekend.Former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has also been touted as a possible replacement, along with Portuguese coach Paulo Sousa, who is currently in charge of Chinese side Tianjin Quanjian.Sousa coached Serie A side Fiorentina from 2015 to 2017.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more