Also in the squad are veterans Gabe Norwood, Calvin Abueva, and Japeth Aguilar, returnees Allein Maliksi, Troy Rosario, Kevin Alas, sophomores Roger Pogoy, Matthew Wright, and rookie Kiefer Ravena.Raymond Almazan, Mac Belo, and Carl Bryan Cruz will sit out the game.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSBack on the throneGilas will take on Japan on Friday night at Komazawa Olympic Park General Sports Gymnasium in Tokyo. Andray Blatche. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netNaturalized center Andray Blatche, four-time PBA Most Valuable Player June Mar Fajardo, and veteran playmaker Jayson Castro will spearhead Gilas Pilipinas it its opening assignment against Japan in the first leg of the Asian qualifiers of the 2019 Fiba World Cup.Coach Chot Reyes bared his 12-man roster on Thursday on the eve of the Philippine team’s clash against the home team.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Russia pulls basketball World Cup bid, blames negative image Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LATEST STORIES Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set MOST READ View comments OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next
EDMONTON – Another Albertan who lost a home in Fort McMurray has had a change of luck, winning a luxury condo and an Italian sports car in an Edmonton hospital fundraising lottery.Michael Marchand was shopping for flowers when a representative from the Full House Lottery phoned on Wednesday to tell him he’d won the early-bird draw.The condo has a view of Rogers Place arena, and the car is a Maserati GranTurismo MC.A video of Marchand being told he had won was posted on the lottery’s Facebook page.After exclaiming disbelief that the call was actually real, Marchand said that he’d lost his home last year in Fort McMurray.Chris Flett, who lost his home in the Fort McMurray wildfire in May 2016, also came up a winner late last year, taking home more than $400,000 in a Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation lottery.The Full House Lottery supports the Royal Alexandra and University Hospital organizations in Edmonton.“This is real, right?” Marchand can be heard saying over a speaker phone.“You know, I lost my home in Fort McMurray, so this is amazing.”The revelation clearly surprised the hospital foundation representative.“Oh my goodness,” she replied.The car and condo are worth $656,873.The fire, nicknamed “the beast”, began burning deep in the bush about May 1 and spread into the northern Alberta city on May 3, forcing 88,000 people from their homes for a month or more.In all, almost 2,600 dwellings were destroyed.