Tag: 夜上海论坛U

Teen to be tried as adult in Ripley County

first_imgVERSAILLES, Ind. — A teenager being tried for a child molestation case in Ripley County will be tried as an adult.The Ripley County Prosecutor’s office petitioned to have Robert Dale Harden III waived to adult court.A judge decided the waiver was appropriate after hearing testimony from two witnesses.The prosecutor’s office says Harden is now 19 but was 16 when the incidents occurred.last_img

Syracuse announces men’s basketball matchup with Oakland

first_img Published on June 17, 2019 at 3:50 pm Contact Michael: mmcclear@syr.edu | @MikeJMcCleary Facebook Twitter Google+ Syracuse will compete in a nonconference game against Oakland on Dec. 18 in the Carrier Dome, SU Athletics announced in a release Monday afternoon.The Golden Grizzlies are the fifth announced nonconference opponent and the sixth regular season opponent. Syracuse opens its season on Nov. 6 against conference foe and defending National Champion Virginia.The Orange have met Oakland three times before, the most recent meeting coming Nov. 20, 2017 — a 74-50 Syracuse win.Here is Syracuse’s schedule that has been released so far:Oct. 26 – Daemen College (Carrier Dome, exhibition)AdvertisementThis is placeholder textOct. 29 – Carleton University (Carrier Dome, exhibition)Nov. 6 – Virginia (Carrier Dome)Nov. 20 – Cornell, 7 p.m. (Carrier Dome)Nov. 27 – NIT Season Tipoff vs. Ole Miss/Oklahoma State/Penn State (Barclays Center)Nov. 29  – NIT Season Tipoff (Barclays Center)Dec. 3 – Iowa (ACC-Big Ten Challenge, Carrier Dome)Dec. 14 – Georgetown (Capital One Arena)Dec. 18 – Oakland (Carrier Dome)ACC home games: Boston College, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Duke, Wake Forest, North Carolina, North Carolina State.ACC away games: Boston College, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, Louisville. Commentslast_img read more

Egbe Hails Court Judgment on Pinnick, Others

first_img“As I have always said, Nigerian interest should come first and not that of aggrieved individuals. With this court judgment, I think all the distractions should stop. We need to remain focused and plan how to move the game forward in our country. There is no progressive mind that should support this “Pull Them Down” thing.“Nigeria is at the moment bidding to host the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. If we don’t put our house in order, we won’t get the hosting right. With distractions, we can’t do well in international tournaments and the sponsors won’t be there to support the game.“That our league don’t have a title sponsor today is a fallout of the distractions the NFF board is facing. Now that the court has cleared Amaju (Pinnick) and his team, I think enough is enough,” Egbe declared.The youthful Bayelsa soccer buff who is in Germany attending a three-day seminar on stadium facilities said his company, Monimichelle would on its part continue to pursue its vision of making Nigerian stadium facilities, especially the turfs better.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Nigeria’s FIFA licensed match agent and stadium facilities expert, Ebi Egbe, has hailed Tuesday’s court judgment in which the leadership of the nation’s soccer governing body, NFF were discharged and acquitted over alleged corruption.The chieftains of the Nigeria Football Federation, including its President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick were discharged and acquitted on all counts of alleged corruption charges in a case brought by the defunct Special Presidential Investigation Panel, (SPIP).Speaking on the judgment, Egbe who is the Chief Executive Officer of Monimichelle said the development is victory for Nigerian football, even as he charged stakeholders to rally round Pinnick and his board in the interest of the country’s football.last_img read more

Formula 1 reports zero positive results from 4,500-plus COVID-19 tests

first_imgF1 on Friday announced that, of 4,500-plus COVID-19 tests performed over the past week, none came back positive. F1’s statement is below:”The FIA and Formula 1 can today confirm that between Friday 3rd July and Thursday 9th July, 4,566 tests for COVID-19 have been performed on drivers, teams and personnel. Of these, zero people have tested positive.”The FIA and Formula 1 are providing this aggregated information for the purposes of competition integrity and transparency. No specific details as to teams or individuals will be provided by the FIA or Formula 1 and results will be made public every 7 days.”MORE: NASCAR will use underglow lights on cars at All-Star raceThe 2020 F1 season was suspended in March as the COVID-19 pandemic impacted all sports globally. A few days before what was supposed to be the season-opening Australian Grand Prix, McLaren had to pull out of the race when a team member tested positive for the virus. The Formula 1 season began last week with the Austrian Grand Prix, and the organization’s modified 2020 schedule continues this weekend with another race at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Styria, Austria.According to F1, the resumption of its season has been handled in a safe manner relative to the global coronavirus pandemic. F1 eventually canceled the Australian Grand Prix and postponed races in China, Bahrain and Vietnam, but not before it was criticized for its sluggish decision-making.After a delay of almost four months amid the pandemic, Formula 1 finally began its 2020 season last week with the Austrian Grand Prix, won by Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas. Sunday’s race at the Red Bull Ring is the second of an Austrian doubleheader to begin F1’s condensed 2020 schedule. The eight races currently confirmed on that schedule are packed into a nine-week period, and all eight will take place in Europe.F1 hopes to add races so it can have a total of 15-18 races on a schedule that ends in December.last_img read more