Tag: 夜上海论坛PG

Quill back for more at the Curragh

first_imgIrish Derby weekend at the Curragh kicks off with a seven-race card on Friday evening featuring the Done Deal Handicap over a mile. “The hood does him no harm so we’ll keep it on him. “He’s very classy and has plenty of scope and should have an each way chance dropping back in trip.” Aidan O’Brien has three unraced juveniles in the Tom Crean’s Irish Lager European Breeders Fund Fillies Maiden – Cocoon, Qualify and Words. He has won this race in five of the last 11 runnings. Feach Ar Agaidh bids to go one better when he lines up in the mile maiden. Jim Bolger’s three-year-old colt made a pleasing introduction when second to Leafcutter in Gowran Park. Keith Moriarty, 16, gets the leg up again on hat-trick-seeking Calm Bay in the Today FM Handicap. Moriarty won on his first racecourse ride on board the eight-year-old sprinter in Navan. The Done Deal Apprentice Derby has a very competitive look to it. Ger Lyons and Colin Keane have had an excellent June and it could be topped off with a big run from Captain Teemo who got off the mark in Fairyhouse. Harty expects Ned’s Indian to run a big race in the mile-and-a-quarter handicap, if fit enough on his return from a break. He has not been seen since December, but was running consistently well on the Polytrack at Dundalk during the winter. Sea The Stars colt Streetcar To Stars will be popular in the Hanlon Concrete European Breeders Fund Maiden. John Oxx’s charge holds an entry in the Irish St Leger. “He’s in great form. He has had a few wind operations, but is tough and tries. “He likes the Curragh and has been placed in a couple of Lincolns there.” Condon also saddles In Salutem who scored in Limerick last week before being touched off at Gowran Park. He said: “He has been a frustrating horse that has promised more than he has delivered. It’s worth a shot at the mile, even though seven furlongs is his best trip. He has hit form in back-to-back runs. “He’ll be ridden patiently to get the mile. You wouldn’t want him trying a mile on soft ground. “If he gets the trip he’ll give a good account of himself with a light weight on his back.” Sabrina Harty runs the improving Breathe Easy who has won two of his last three races. She said: “He’s a very sweet horse from a nervous family so he’s been very hot and we are trying to look after his mental health and take him along very easily. He’s very keen, but he’s learning to race. He stays well and he has a nice weight. Press Association There are 17 declared for this 50,000 euro contest, with the weights headed by Ken Condon’s Bold Thady Quill. The seven-year-old gelding landed this race two years ago off a mark of 81, but returns rated 99 although jockey Sean Corby takes 7lb off. “He’s been a good campaigner for us, but is most effective on soft or heavy ground so we will want a bit of rain. He ran very well off 96 in a good handicap on Guineas weekend behind That’s Plenty,” Condon said. last_img read more

Brandon McCarthy, Brett Anderson scheduled to start this weekend

first_img“I’m excited for Brett,” Roberts said. “It’s been a long road back for him. To get him back, it’s obviously a good thing for us.”McCarthy, meanwhile, threw another bullpen session Thursday in search of the fastball command that deserted him in recent starts. McCarthy walked a career-high five batters in each of his past two starts, failing to complete four innings in either one.McCarthy described his lack of command as feeling “weird” during those starts but said everything “felt very normal this week” while throwing in the bullpen. McCarthy said he made some minor adjustments in his delivery centered on his timing and release point during those bullpen sessions with pitching coach Rick Honeycutt.“A lot of it is just getting the natural feel back,” said McCarthy who has made seven starts since returning from Tommy John surgery. “It feels like something has been found. Now it’s just making sure that’s it.”Puig talk Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error LOS ANGELES >> The Dodgers will use a couple familiar pieces to assemble their rotation puzzle this time around.After throwing two bullpen sessions this week, right-hander Brandon McCarthy will make his scheduled start on Saturday against the Pittsburgh Pirates. And left-hander Brett Anderson will return from back surgery to make his 2016 debut on Sunday.With those two veterans available, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said rookie left-hander Julio Urias will move to the bullpen and pitch in a multi-inning role if needed. However, the Dodgers will need to make a roster move to add Anderson on Sunday and could make another when lefty reliever Adam Liberatore (elbow inflammation) is eligible to return Sunday as well.Anderson was pronounced ready to go after pitching 12 innings over three minor-league rehab starts and a bullpen session on Thursday at Dodger Stadium. He has not faced major-league hitters since Game 3 of the Dodgers’ NL Division Series loss to the New York Mets last October.center_img Demoted outfielder Yasiel Puig played his first home game for Triple-A Oklahoma City Friday night. Before the game, he spoke with reporters and answered questions about the move by the Dodgers.“I’m here to become a better player,” Puig said through an interpreter. “That was their decision. I don’t feel like this was a punishment. I feel like this is going to help me grow.“I’m here because I was not doing the right things over there. I’m here to improve myself. I’m here to become a better athlete again. … There’s a reason why I’m here. But I’m going to do my best to become the player that I was.”Puig referred to becoming the player “I was in 2013, 2014” and stuck to his talking points about being focused on “being a better teammate.and a better person.”Puig said the party videos he posted Sunday were a mistake. The Dodgers issued a statement at the time saying they were “disappointed” with the behavior of Puig and his teammates shown on the videos.“I really didn’t know how to use Snapchat,” he said. “I was just playing around with my teammates. I just did something that was wrong.”Then he went out and had three hits — a single, triple and home run — and drove in four runs for the OKC Dodgers Friday. In four games since reporting to the Triple-A team, Puig is 7 for 16 (.438) with four extra-base hits (a double, triple and two home runs) and nine RBIs.“I do want to go back to the major leagues,” Puig said. “That’s my dream and it’s still my dream to go back.“I need to do what my teammates (in Los Angeles) are doing because I’m not there. I don’t feel like I’m on the level that they are so I need to work on that. I want to be a part of the team and be at the same level as my teammates. … I know I’m not a perfect guy. But I want to be a better teammate. That’s what I’m here for.”NotesClayton Kershaw played catch again Friday and is expected to repeat the throwing session Saturday, according to Roberts. The Dodgers’ manager was hesitant to say anything about Kershaw’s progress — or lack of it — in his recovery from a back injury. But Roberts remains optimistic that further progress is “on the horizon.” … Left-hander Rich Hill threw another bullpen session before Friday’s game. He has had starts tentatively scheduled twice only to have them pushed back in order to give his injured finger more time to heal. … Reliever Joe Blanton rejoined the Dodgers Friday and was activated from the bereavement list. Left-hander Luis Avilan was returned to Triple-A Oklahoma City to clear a roster spot.last_img read more

State Security Was Unaware for 2 Days

first_imgThe discovery of an abandoned ship, Tamaya 1, off the coast of Robertsport, Cape Mount County, two days before it was officially noticed by the Liberian government has raised concerns over the preparedness of Liberia’s security sector in the wake of the UNMIL drawdown.In response to reporters, police spokesman Sam Collins said the 64 meter long Tamaya 1 is an oil tanker of unknown origin – though unconfirmed reports said it may either be sailing under the Nigerian or Panamanian flag.Collins admitted to reporters that security personnel in the area lacked knowledge abotu the unfolding event; but, however, did their job by preventing people from getting closer to the ship.“Which raises the question: how could the security officers not know what was unfolding?” a Robertsport resident asked the Daily Observer. “That it took over two days before they knew about the ship’s presence, is troubling.”Residents who spoke to the Daily Observer said it was surprising that government security personnel did not take control of the situation until the night of Wednesday, May 4, when LNP Police Support Unit (PSU) officers from Sinje started arriving in Robertsport.“What about the Coast Guard officers whose duty is to know about ships that enter Liberian territorial waters?” a resident asked. “This is all the more worrisome for some of us – that our security apparatus should be ready at all times and not be sleeping after something huge has happened.”A source at the National Port Authority (NPA) told the Daily Observer that the NPA was not aware of the situation because “Robertsport does not have a seaport.”“Our best bet is that the vessel’s owner might have gone broke and had no money to pay crew members; and therefore, the crew abandoned the ship,” he said.The negative implication, he said, is to question the role of the Liberia Maritime Authority (LMA), the Coast Guard and Bureau of Immigration and Naturalization (BIN), adding that “they should be questioned on how the ship entered Liberia’s territorial waters and close to Robertsport without their knowledge.”The Liberia Maritime Authority (LMA) would not comment on the ship’s presence in Liberia. Collins, meanwhile, said PSU officers are working along with the Coast Guard, LMA and BIN to unravel the mystery surrounding the abandoned ship.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Former Workers Drop Discrimination Lawsuit Against Disney Over H-1B Visa Issue

first_imgFormer Disney employees, who had sued the firm in 2015, accusing it of discrimination for replacing them with H-1B visa holders, announced on May 9 that they are dropping the lawsuit, ABC 7 reported.“We have lost. Unfortunately, we lost because it’s legal,” said Sara Blackwell, the U.S. attorney who had filed a lawsuit representing 250 Disney IT workers, according to Channel News 8.“As we have said all along, these lawsuits were completely baseless,” a Disney spokeswoman was quoted as saying by Channel News 8 after the lawsuit was dropped.The discrimination lawsuit filed in the U.S. federal and state court claimed that Disney terminated the jobs of these IT employees and replaced them with new workers from other countries. The terminated employees were given 90 days to train the new workers — who were foreign nationals using H-1B visas — or else lose eligibility for bonuses or severance packages, CNN reported.Disney used a business model that is a common practice among companies throughout the United States, Blackwell said, according to ABC 7. Even though Florida is a right-to-work state that does not allow companies to terminate a person’s employment based on criteria such as nationality, businesses generally manage to get around that, Blackwell added.She explained that following the firing of 250 workers, their replacements were not employed by Disney. The employment was instead contracted through a different company, so what these businesses are doing is legal.“The week of Halloween 2014, the rug was ripped out from underneath me. And then they had the foreign replacements come sit at my desk to train. We are not asking for money. We are asking for the hemorrhaging of American jobs to stop,” former employee Mary Poorman was quoted as saying by News Channel 8.Disney’s former workers now say that they would continue to fight for the rights of the American employees. Blackwell, however, said that to prevent this from occurring, the law will have to be altered.“You cannot win a lawsuit against them because this is a legal way of doing business. And if you are outraged, then you need to do something about it. This is what President Trump spoke,” said Blackwell, as per reports, while referring to the steps promised by U.S. President Donald Trump to American workers during his election campaign. Related ItemsDisneyEmploymentH-1Blast_img read more