SHARE Email Facebook Twitter May 04, 2020 Gov. Wolf Provides Business Guidance as Counties Move to Yellow Phase on May 8 Press Release, Public Health To continue to limit the spread of COVID-19, Governor Tom Wolf today provided guidance that details procedures businesses must follow to conduct in-person operations in counties slated to move to the yellow phase of reopening on May 8. All businesses, including non-profits, permitted to conduct in-person operations are subject to this guidance. This guidance is based on the building safety and business safety orders, under which nearly all life-sustaining businesses have been operating during the red phase.“Businesses in the 24 counties that may reopen beginning May 8 must take precautions to protect their employees, their employees’ families, and their communities,” Gov. Wolf said. “First and foremost, businesses that have been operating using telework must continue to do so to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 until the stay-at-home and business closure orders are fully lifted when we enter a “green” phase.“All businesses, but especially those that were closed completely during the red phase under the business closure orders, need to carefully review this guidance and commit to ensuring the health and safety of their employees and their communities.”Under the yellow phase of reopening, life-sustaining businesses that could not conduct either all or part of their operations via telework will continue to conduct their operations in-person, and many non-life sustaining businesses will be permitted to restart their in-person operations through the loosening of some restrictions under the stay-at-home and business closure orders.In counties that have been designated as in the yellow phase, all businesses, except those categories specifically listed as remaining closed in the governor’s Plan to Reopen Pennsylvania, are permitted to conduct in-person operations, as long as they strictly adhere to the requirements of the guidance.The guidance includes specific information on cleaning and disinfecting premises, limiting the number of employees in common areas and customers on premises, providing masks and sanitizing supplies for employees, installing shields or other barriers at registers and checkout areas to physically separate cashiers and customers, and creating a plan in case a business is exposed to a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, among other provisions.The full guidance can be found here.Businesses that have questions about whether this guidance applies to them may contact the Department of Health at 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258).View this information in Spanish.
Despite going down to a right hook late in the third round, the 23-year-old Belfast fighter came through 30-27, 29-28, 29-27 to add the world title to the Olympic bronze medal he won in London in 2012. Conlan joins Katie Taylor as the only Irish fighters to win AIBA world titles, with Taylor due to go for her sixth in Kazakhstan early next year. Michael Conlan was crowned Ireland’s first men’s AIBA world champion after a unanimous points victory over Uzbekistan’s Murodjon Akhmadaliev in their bantamweight final in Doha. Press Association And they could be joined on Thursday by another Irish winner, with Joe Ward set to face classy Cuban Julio La Cruz in the light-heavyweight final. Conlan was relieved to avoid humiliation at the end after hitting the deck a minute before the end of the fight. He told the BBC: “I am a bit embarrassed at getting knocked down in the last round. “It is the first time I have been on the canvas in my life. He hit me right on the button.” Fellow Irishman Michael O’Reilly missed out on a place at the Rio Olympics following a controversial defeat to Hosam Abdin in the middleweight class. O’ Reilly, who had already won a bronze medal, lost the first two rounds to his Egyptian opponent, despite out punching him, and although he won the third it was not enough to stave off a controversial 29-28 defeat.
For the past five years, USC’s Pre-College Summer Scholarship for Military High School Students has helped these students get a headstart in their academic careers. The college admissions process is a stressful one, but it becomes more complicated for children of military families. Daly said she was grateful to the program for introducing her to her peers, with whom she has since formed long-lasting relationships. The program allows 30 high school students with parents in the military to receive a full scholarship to attend a four week summer program in areas such as architecture, business and entrepreneurship, engineering, global studies, journalism, pre-health and science, pre-law, performing arts and writing and critical thinking. “Being an RA who was a part of the program help[s] me connect with the students better,” said Lord, a senior majoring in sociology. “I was able to help them with the USC admissions process, homework [and other concerns.]” Vice Provost for Academic Operations Mark Todd said he hopes to ensure college accessibility for children of the military through the program. “I can attribute my acceptance into the theater program [at USC] to the military program,” Daly said. “I already knew the professors auditioning me, and they knew my body of work.” “The other unintended joy was how much I loved my colleagues … because I have found a ragtag team of wonderful people who are so supportive,” Daly said. “[There’s] this whole community of people that I would never have met if not for this program.” “I want to learn more about politics and the world,” Riveria said. “It’s been really good so far.” Photo courtesy of Provost’s Office Riveria hopes to pursue a career in international relations — in the summer program, students examine war complexities and beginnings. Her program uses reenactments of international issues and case studies to teach negotiation exercises and find ways to peacefully solve problems. Photo courtesy of Provost’s Office “I wanted to have the college experience — to be able to visit USC and solidify what I want for my life,” Riveria said. Riveria said one of the most memorable aspects of the program was her trip to the Museum of Tolerance, which focuses on prejudice, racism and genocides. “I’ve matured in so many ways,” Daly said. “I’ve become much more independent with much more drive … [USC] made me become a better leader and responsible adult.” Angie Riveria, a rising high school senior from Winchester, Calif. and current student in the program, said her Marine father convinced her to sign up. Daly said the program allowed her to develop her passions and become a stronger version of herself. Upon entering the University, she delved deeper into music, joining the a cappella group USC Sirens in large part due to her involvement in the program, she said. Christine Lord, an RA who was also a participant in the program, said she hopes current students in the program are able to discover and cultivate their passions just as she did. Audrey Daly, a recent USC graduate, returned to the program as a residential assistant. Before being admitted to USC, she participated in the summer program’s musical theater track and took classes at the School of Dramatic Arts. “USC has a long-standing history of supporting U.S. service members, veterans and their families,” Todd said. “The Provost’s Pre-College Scholarship provides an opportunity for high school-aged children of veterans and active duty-service women and men to see that first-rate higher-education institutions like USC are a real possibility.”