Category: jtjmlagkgsbt

Blatche, Fajardo, Castro lead Gilas roster vs Japan

first_imgAlso in the squad are veterans Gabe Norwood, Calvin Abueva, and Japeth Aguilar, returnees Allein Maliksi, Troy Rosario, Kevin Alas, sophomores Roger Pogoy, Matthew Wright, and rookie Kiefer Ravena.Raymond Almazan, Mac Belo, and Carl Bryan Cruz will sit out the game.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSBack on the throneGilas will take on Japan on Friday night at Komazawa Olympic Park General Sports Gymnasium in Tokyo. Andray Blatche. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netNaturalized center Andray Blatche, four-time PBA Most Valuable Player June Mar Fajardo, and veteran playmaker Jayson Castro will spearhead Gilas Pilipinas it its opening assignment against Japan in the first leg of the Asian qualifiers of the 2019 Fiba World Cup.Coach Chot Reyes bared his 12-man roster on Thursday on the eve of the Philippine team’s clash against the home team.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Russia pulls basketball World Cup bid, blames negative image Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award LATEST STORIES Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funnycenter_img It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set MOST READ View comments OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextlast_img read more

TCL Oilers defeat Troyer Kings in final of Taylor Rec Hockey League year end tournament

first_imgThe TCL Oilers and the Troyer Kings met in the finals today in the Taylor Rec Hockey League year end tournament. The two clubs met earlier in the event with the Kings taking the win but the finals were a much different story with the Oilers winning 7-3.Devan Mytopher of the Oilers said it was important for the team to keep the Kings out of their zone and capitalize on their chances when they presented themselves.“They took it to us the other day and we just came back. They’re a really good hockey team; well put together. We just knew if we didn’t let them get in our zone very much that we would have a chance.”- Advertisement -The difference between the two games was the Kings goaltender according to Mytopher who gave him props for usually being solid between the pipes.“Our shots were going in so it was a lot different than the game before. Their goalie was on his head. He just started playing goal a couple of years ago and he saves everything.”The members of the TCL Oilers have been a team for the last four years.Advertisementlast_img read more

Proof Kane is one of Europe’s best strikers

first_img 6 6 Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane delivered the goods once again for Mauricio Pochettino as he hit his 11th goal in ten games, against West Ham.The strike, a rebound from his own missed penalty, ensured Spurs stole a point when it had looked like their London rivals were about to leave White Hart Lane with all three.But where does the striker’s sensational Premier League form see him ranked in Europe? talkSPORT takes a look…Click through our gallery to find out the most prolific goalscorers on the continent. 5. Claudio Beauvue (Guingamp) – Eight goals in his last ten games – A 26-year-old striker from Guadeloupe striker, Beauvue is a shock inclusion in the top 14. He’s been prolific this season and has as many goals in Ligue 1 as Zlatan Ibrahimovic. 2. Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich), Bas Dost (Wolfsburg), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Harry Kane (Tottenham) – 11 goals in their last ten games – It might be all about Harry Kane in the Premier League but over in the Bundesliga ex-Chelsea star Robben is in fine fettle, while one-time Aston Villa and Newcastle target Dost is in the form is his life. 6 6 6 6= Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg), David Silva (Man City), Alexander Meier (Eintracht Frankfurt), Mario Mandzukic (Atletico Madrid), Charlie Austin (QPR), Luciano Vietto (Villarreal) – Seven goals in their last ten games – Over the last ten matches a host of stars have hit the back seven times, including ex-Chelsea star De Bruyne who is in sensational form over in the Bundesliga. 3. Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon) – Ten goals in his last ten games – Liverpool and Arsenal are amongst the sides chasing France international Lacazette as he leads the goalscoring charts in Ligue 1 with 21 strikes. He didn’t score in his return from injury again Nantes at the weekend but he’s likely to find the goal trail again soon. 4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) – Nine goals in his last ten games – He’s out of form, apparently. So that means Ronaldo is only the fourth best scorer in Europe at this moment in time. Poor show from the three-time Ballon d’Or winner – must do better. 6 1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – 13 goals in his last ten games – It shouldn’t come as much of a shock but Argentine superstar Messi is currently the most in-form goalscorer in Europe. Trebles against Deportivo and Levante have helped him reach a tally of 13 strikes in his last ten games.last_img read more

Exclusive – Ray Wilkins hopeful Aston Villa will complete deals for TWO strikers

first_imgRay Wilkins has confirmed Aston Villa are close to a deal for Jordan Ayew and admitted he is ‘hopeful’ Emmanuel Adebayor will join the club.Villa have agreed a fee with Lorient for Ayew – understood to be in the region of £9million – and Wilkins has revealed the 23-year-old striker is in England to undergo a medical and put the finishing touches to his switch.Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the recently-appointed assistant boss said: “The medical hasn’t been been done up to now but we are just waiting upon that.“He is in the country and we are looking forward to getting Jordan on board.”And Abebayor could be next in for Villa, with Wilkins making it clear the unwanted Tottenham striker would be welcome at the Midlands club.Asked if there is a chance of landing the Togo international, he said: “I think there is.“I can only talk for myself, but I’m hoping there is because when Adebayor wants to play he is extremely effective.“He knows the Premier League inside out, so he would be a good addition for us.”Villa are also on the verge of landing Jose Angel Crespo, having agreed a deal with Cordoba for the Spanish full-back.In a busy summer for the club, Tim Sherwood has already completed deals for Micah Richards, Idrissa Gueye and Jordan Amavi, while Fabian Delph and Christian Benteke have departed.last_img read more

BOY WHO ATTACKED AND ROBBED LETTERKENNY NURSE WANTS TO MEET TO SAY SORRY

first_imgBREAKING NEWS: A young boy has pleaded guilty to attacking a retired nurse in broad daylight and knocking her unconscious.The boy, who was just 14 at the time of the horrific robbery, now wants to meet with Letterkenny woman Anna McDaid to say sorry.Mrs McDaid, who is in her late 60s, was brutally set upon at McClure’s Terrace while on her way to Letterkenny Post Office in August last year. She was knocked unconscious, suffered a broken arm, a dislocated shoulder and had to be hospitalised for a week in an attack which shocked the public.Her attacker, who is now 15, has now appeared at Milford District Court charged with assault and robbery.The boy, who was accompanied by his parents, cannot be named for legal reasons.The court was told the boy was with another man and he shouted to her “Give me the money” before knocking her over and stealing her handbag.The bag was found a short time later with €300 missing from it.Mrs McDaid was knocked unconscious and was found and helped by local businessman Brendan McGlynn who contacted her family.Solicitor for the accused Kieran Dillon said the boy now wanted to try and make up for the awful hurt he had caused Mrs McDaid.He said that at the time of the attack, the lad had been under the influence of other people and did not have the maturity to say no to them.Mr Dillon said the boy had been causing his parents all sorts of problems before the attack in Letterkenny.He also revealed how the boy’s parents had tried to discipline him by cutting off his pocket-money which proved disastrous.“He came to Letterkenny and had something in his mind. He had no pocket-money because his parents had cut it because they were trying to control him.“Mrs McDaid became the victim and he caused her the most serious difficulties possible. It was a purely random attack and Mrs McDaid was not targeted.“We have an apology in court and my client would like to meet her if possible to let her know how sorry he is. That is up to her.“All we can do now is to reassure her how sorry we are,” he said.Mr Dillon also produced €500 in court to compensate the €300 and an extra €200 for Mrs McDaid “as a small gesture for all she has suffered.”Garda Inspector David Murphy told the court that although there was another person involved in the attack, it is unlikely they will come before the court.At the time Mrs McDaid’s husband described the attack on his wife as “despicable.” “We have lived in the town all our lives and we have never had anything even remotely like this happen to us before.“What this person did to my wife was just despicable. How anybody can do this to another person I just do not know.”Solicitor Mr Dillon also revealed that the accused was now being home-schooled and was attending a child psychologist.Judge Paul Kelly said he was shocked by the crime.“This is a very nasty and mean crime to a defenceless old lady who suffered a serious injury.“He is very lucky he is not facing much more serious charges and consequences on his conscience.“However I am depressed with how you have met the matter,” he said.Judge Kelly ordered a probation report so he can best deal with the case and ordered the boy to appear before him again on June 13th.EndsBOY WHO ATTACKED AND ROBBED LETTERKENNY NURSE WANTS TO MEET TO SAY SORRY was last modified: April 12th, 2011 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Anna McDaidattackedretired nurselast_img read more

LETTERKENNY ROVERS FACE PORTMARNOCK IN FAI SENIOR CUP

first_imgThe Letterkenny Rovers team which faced Ringmahon in Cork last week.The seniors travelled to Cork last weekend and came back with a  1-1 draw against Ringmahon Rangers in the intermediate Cup semi final after an incredible finish which sets up a replay at Leckview Park on Sunday April 17th.It could have been so much better as we conceded an injury time equaliser after Steve Okakpo-Emekas opened the scoring on 14 minutes. The dream of a final is very much alive and lets hope we have a big support to cheer us on in the replay.The seniors have another big game this Sunday when we are on our travels to Portmarnock in the FAI Cup first round. Kick off is at 230pm.The u16s have won their opening two group games in the champions league defeating Swilly Rovers 6-2 and Lifford Celtic 3-1. Goals from Brandon Manues (2), Michael Gallagher (2), Conor O’Donnell and Joseph McGill helped defeat Swilly while O’Donnell with a brace and McGill netted against Lifford. They need a point from their last game at St Catherines on Saturday to ensure qualification. That kicks off at 11am.Other schoolboy action last weekend saw a mixed bag of results with the u14s United defeating Gweedore Celtic Impact  4-2 in the u14 Shield, Goalscorers were Mohammed Khan and Sean Pascual with two goals apiece.The u14s Rovers lost out 2-0 to Kilmacrennan Celtic while the u14s Crusaders lost 4-1 at Gweedore Celtic on Saturday with Jason Blake getting the goal. The Crusaders lost out 4-2 at Milford last Thursday evening with  Blake and Sean McGinley netting.The u12s Rovers lost out 1-0 at Milford last Wednesday.This weeks fixtures sees the u14s Rovers play Swilly on Wednesay evening at Leckview at 6pm while they also play on Saturday when welcoming Gweedore Celtic to Leckview at 1145am..Saturday also sees our Youths in semi final cup action when they play Bonagee at Leckview at 2pm.The u14s United are at Cappry Crusaders on Sunday morning at 1130am.Mini Lotto Numbers drawn were 5-10-17 and 20.12 people matched three numbers of which 5 were drawn and receive 15 euro;Catriona  O’Donnell. M Duffy, Pauric McDaid, Valerie Moore and Francis Gallagher the lucky winners.Next weeks jackpot is €3525Club bingo continues in the Station House Hotel on Thursday evenings at 830pm.Snowball is €1250 euro on 45 numbers or less.ReplyReply to allForward LETTERKENNY ROVERS FACE PORTMARNOCK IN FAI SENIOR CUP was last modified: April 6th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FootballletterkennySportlast_img read more

Portugal ace to have crisis talks with club amid Everton and Inter interest

first_img 1 The bizarre reason why Man United didn’t sign new Liverpool playmaker Minamino Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade blunder Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January IN DEMAND William Carvalho’s agent has organised showdown talks with Sporting Lisbon amid interest from Everton and Inter.The midfielder wants to have his contract terminated this summer following an incident involving supporters in May. Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti Carvalho, along with other members of the Sporting squad, were attacked by fans at their training ground and he now wants to leave.The 26-year-old is attracting interest from the Premier League and Serie A clubs, with both keen to nab him for free.So far, though, Sporting have refused to play ball and the Portugal international’s future is unclear.As a result, according to A Bola, Carvalho’s agent has now called for talks with the club.The pair are hoping to meet next week so that a decision can be made in time for the end of the World Cup on July 15. targets LATEST TRANSFER NEWS William Carvalho’s could leave Sporting Lisbon this summer Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ LATEST RANKED targets last_img read more

DONEGAL BOY (10) GETS €5,000 FOR CUT KNEE

first_imgA TEN-year-old boy has been awarded more than €5,000 in court today – for cutting his knee.The settlement relates to an incident at Ostan Gweedore Hotel three years ago.Barrister Patricia McLaughlin told Donegal Circuit Civil Court, sitting in Letterkenny today, that the child had arrived at the hotel on July 12, 2009 with his mother and sister. Whilst the child’s mother was locking the car, her son fell on grass in the grounds of the hotel and cut his knee.Judge Petria McDonnell was told that the hotel management were not told of the incident at the time.“The first they knew of it was a letter which arrived a year later,” said Ms McLaughlin.The hotel, she said, was not accepting liability but was prepared to settle the claim.It was still not clear, said the barrister, how the cut came about but the boy had to receive eight stitches for a wound to his knee.“There are no long term effects and the boy in fact wears the scar as a badge of honour I’m told,” said Ms McLaughlin.She said the hotel had made a low all-in offer to the boy which totalled €6,000 to cover costs and the injury and the boy would receive €5,059.90 as part of the settlement.DONEGAL BOY (10) GETS €5,000 FOR CUT KNEE was last modified: October 15th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:boycut kneeDonegal circuit civil courtostan Gweedorelast_img read more

ONE CHARGED AND TWO BEING QUESTIONED FOLLOWING ST JOHNSTON BURGLARIES

first_imgCRIME UPDATE: One man has been charged and another two are still in Garda custody after a suspected burglary gang were caught in St Johnston.The gang were caught following a search of fields in the St Johnston area yesterday.It follows three attempted burglaries on the Ballylennon Road in which electrical goods, cash and car keys was taken in the early hours of yesterday morning. The man, who is in his 40s, was bailed and will appear at a future sitting of Letterkenny District Court.The other two men, who are both in their 30s, are still being quizzed at Letterkenny Garda station.Gardai have thanked the local public for their co-operation following the attempted break-ins.Locals in the St Johnston and Raphoe area have come together in recent weeks to form a very active community alert scheme.  ONE CHARGED AND TWO BEING QUESTIONED FOLLOWING ST JOHNSTON BURGLARIES was last modified: July 19th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:burglarydonegalGardaiSt Johnstonlast_img read more

Del Norte volleyball tops Arcata in four sets to claim Big 5’s automatic NCS bid

first_imgArcata >> League is over for the Del Norte and Arcata volleyball teams and both shared the Big 5 championship.However, there was still some volleyball to be played between the rivals however, only this time it was for home-court advantage in the playoffs. The team that will host a to-be-determined team — as North Coast Section seeding brackets come out Sunday — will be the Warriors (21-5 overall, 7-1 Big 5) after they beat the Tigers (19-8, 7-1) Friday night in a four-set showdown at 25-20, …last_img read more